Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A new beginning.

I confronted the situation as vaguely described in my previous post. 

It wasn't easy but I got to talking with this person and decided to cut the proverbial cord. It wasn't an easy decision but ultimately the toxicity isn't worth it. I'm an independent woman with a strong ethical framework and thrive on adventure. 

Now I just have to send back all of the presents we gave each other and call it a day. It's hard when this person was an integral part of my life and someone with whom I impulsively wanted to spend my life and raise a family. 

The trip to Baltimore was an eyeopener. I got to spend time with my beautiful friend and her family. I met someone who changed my life forever and am so thankful for the belly full of laughs and the ability to express myself. We road tripped every day and went to Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Washington DC plus the wedding in Maryland. 

Good lord the jokes we shared... And how it continues through text message... It's like a machine gun... 

It's been beautiful to forget everything. It's also been great to gain courage to tackle the situation that gnawed at me and progress forward. I feel practically invincible and... Essentially... Myself! I haven't had a drink in a week and feel great. There's been no need to self-mutilate or self-destruct within this past week and be happy. 

Much love and peace to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment