Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Orange and black pepper French toast

Culinary explorations has always been a passion. I'd make a pretty good wife one day, spoiling hubby with treats my grandparents and parents have taught me. #foodie

French toast is one of my faves. Had to jazz it up a tad. 

2 eggs
1.5 cups milk or cream
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract (I use bourbon vanilla)
1/2 tsp orange peel
Tiny sprinkling of Himalayan pink salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper 
A whole loaf of Texas toast
2 tbsp butter for frying

Whisk together first 7 ingredients. Heat up griddle and melt butter. Dip bread lightly in mixture and fry two by two until golden brown on each side. Serve with more maple syrup, fruit, powdered sugar, extra butter, whatever tickles your fancy. I just used some extra butter and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment